Situated just outside the town of Athenry . The farm belongs to the Coyne family. Most of the buildings circa 1800, with the addition of some modern farm buildings, the farm yard retains a traditional atmosphere of a typical farm.
The farm provides a unique opportunity for both young and old alike to experience life on a real farm, as all the normal seasonal activities carry on around you. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of our nature walk, or feed the animals with our special food.
We at Caheroyan House and Farm offer fabulous farm walks, ideal to get away from the stresses of hectic & fast paced life of modern times.
The River Clarin
The tranquil river Clarin runs right through our farm offering our guests and visitors a unique chance to experience harmony with nature unmatched elsewhere. You can walk along its banks and experience the fresh air that will lift your spirit and soul. River has some fish.
Enjoy boating on the lake at our farm also take refreshing walks on the banks of the lake.
The Lime Kiln
Caheroyan House and Farm also have a Ring Fort on the estate which is part of our historical past and heritage.
Conferences and School Tours
We have a modern and fully flexible venue, suitable for all types of corporate conferences and informal functions. It offers the superb surroundings of the fields of Athenry and can accommodate up to 50 guests. It can cater for small wedding parties, private parties, office meetings. Situated downstairs in Caheroyan House, we can also offer the use of a projector, screen, colour television and video and multimedia system, depending on requirements a package can be arranged. We also have a phone line and fax line available for phone axes and the internet. We offer our business delegates a special rate for over night accommodation.
Educational visits are a regular feature, with guided tours available covering most aspects of farming with historical features to compare. Teachers are encouraged to take advantage of our free pre-visit. All school children receive a complimentary bag of animal food.
Eco Friendly Farm
- Organic Farm produces beef, lamb, fruit etc.
- Geothermal energy Caheroyan House is heated by means of Geothermal energy.
- Windmill pumps water around the farm and a project is in progress to produce 1.5 – 2.0 KW of electricity.
- Lime Kiln used to produce Lime and white wash in the olden days.
- Woodland 30 acres of walks to get post in. (Flora and Fauna list available)
- Pond and Lake independent from the river, has some Artic Char and Trout.
- River Clarin has some trout 1 – 2 lbs in weight.
- Wild life otters, Foxes, Rabbits, Pine-martins, Mink and many varieties of birds.
- Trees brochure available.